100 Year Anniversary
Board of Directors
Calendar of Events
Young Artist Competition
How You Can Help Us
|John Shildneck Young Artist Competition|
Municipal Band (LMB) is Nebraska’s only professional wind ensemble and was formed in 1907, making it Nebraska’s oldest professional music organization.
Rules & Guidelines
- Prepare a recorded audition on cassette or CD, which includes the solo to be performed with the LMB. Please note: The solo MUST be available with band accompaniment.
- All Finalists will be notified by April 15, 2013. Finalists will be invited to a live audition to be held Sunday, May 19, 2013 at 12:00 pm on the campus of Nebraska Wesleyan University in Lincoln. The same music performed on the audition recording should be prepared for this live audition with piano accompanist. Memorization is encouraged but not required.
- At the live audition, finalists must provide their own accompanist, three copies of the solo, three high quality black & white or color
photos, and a one-page biography or resume.
- All travel expenses are to be paid by auditionees.
How to Apply
- Submit this completed form, your audition recording, and a $5.00 non-refundable application fee to the Lincoln Municipal Band.
- Applications & recordings must be postmarked by April 1, 2013. Materials will be returned to you if you provide a self-addressed return envelope with sufficient postage.
- Make checks payable to Lincoln Municipal Band
the flyer PDF here!